Monday, October 4, 2010

Introductions

So, seeing as I've begun to actually start writing for real thanks to creative writing, I decided to go ahead and create a blog, to both show what talent I have, if any, and also recieve, hopefully, constructive criticism. Everything a post for the first few days/weeks will be raw and unedited, so it came straight from my mind to paper, and now to text. So keep that in mind as you read. Updating will be sketchy at best, I hope to do it every other day, but no promises. So let's begin with a "poem". You'll understand why the quotations are necessary in a moment.

Ugh
dear Lord,
I am oh so bored.
I'm trying to rhyme here,
But bloody hell and puss spewing
Dagnabit, I kinda suck.
But what the puck.
I'm just sitting,
Trying to do writting,
But words just escape me.
And I could go for some tea.
I'm rambling,
Babbling,
Annoying...ly
Going on and on.
And you're all hating me a ton.
How I wish I knew a pun.
And now the seconds tick away,
And I try to keep insanity at bay,
But I think I've already failed.
The thoughts in my head have bailed,
So I'm stranded,
And this poem is rancid,
So I think I'll stop.
Or not.
It can rot, for just a second more.
Yeah, I'll do poetry no more.
Gugghhalllaauuhh.

The funny part is, after this almost all I've done is poetry... They get better, I promise...

1 comment:

  1. I kinda laughed at the "updating every other day" thing, I can almost guarantee that won't stick. As for the poem, now you might understand why I rarely attempt a rhyme scheme, and why I only claim to "play" with poetry rather than write it. Nonetheless, an entertaining read. Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete